Russian lumber export is at a record high level. The ruble has weakend lately and a decrease in domestic consumption now releases volume for export. Russia exported approximately 1.97 million m³ of softwood lumber in August, which is nine percent more compared to 2014. In January-August the export was approximately 15.2 million m³ of softwood lumber, an increase of five percent compared to 2014. During the same period, the export to Egypt increased by 28% compared to 2014.
"China dominates as a receiver of Russian lumber," says Jenny Wessung, CEO Woodstat AB. Jenny continues: "However, the trend for Russian lumber export to China has decreased slightly during 2015, but remains at a very high level."
36% of Russia's total export of softwood lumber during January - August went to China. 24% went to the Former Russian Republics. The Former Russian Republics together is the second largest receiver of Russian lumber. Thus, these two regions receive 60% of the total Russian lumber export. The remaining 40% is exported to (but not limited to) Egypt (9%), main markets in Europe (7%), the Middle East and Japan.
For more information contact: Jenny Wessung, CEO Woodstat AB +46 (0)70 660 40 46 email@example.com http://www.woodstat.com
Since 2007 Woodstat delivers comprehensive statistics and analysis to sawmills, forest owners and banks across the world. Woodstat publishes approximately 400 issues of the newsletter "Market News" every year. The Market News are concise and contain the latest market statistics for the manufactured lumber product industry. Woodstat's charts collection is available at www.woodstat.com and contains hundreds of relevant diagrammatic data for anyone working in the wood or forest industry.